Last Sunday I experienced the most amazing change mindset for success one-day course run by a very highly respected Mindset Coach. I learnt that all it takes is to “Decide to Decide”. At the workshop, I also learnt that the average mindset is very easily distracted and it is the inability to hold your attention span on what you need to do, that causes so many people to fail in their endeavour.
I love attending meetings like this as for me, they are a “wake-up” call. They are a reminder about how I am thinking and how my thinking affects the outcomes of what I do.
It is so easy to negatively compare yourself to others. Don’t. It will never help you. All negative comparisons do is to focus on your weaknesses. This is because you are an individual worthy of anything that you put your mind to. I do mean that too as that is all it takes. You just need to Decide to Decide to achieve.
Negative thinkers become needy people in time and develop a “victim mindset” – remind you of anyone? Or could this be you? Do you energise or drain people? Do you leave people better or worse than when you found them? Your mindset dictates the level of success in your life and it is responsible for 80% of what you do. Therefore, if you think positively then you can see how powerful the outcome could be. However, if you think negatively, well, the bad news is that things will get worse.
So how do you change mindset for success from being a negative to a positive thinker? Change your story and change it consistently. Start stopping others have an opinion that affects you if it reinforces your old behaviour. Hang around people who are happy for you, want to help you and are inspiring. Connect with old friends who are successful and find new friends that build you up. You are really only as good as the people you spend the most time with.
It just takes one step: Decide to Decide to be…and you fill in the blank.
Change Mindset for Success: the Process.
This can take time or you can just make a decision to move forward. So, it really is entirely up to you. If you hear a loud voice inside your head saying that you are not able, worthy, smart enough or too worried about what others might think, then these are warning signs that you are far from deciding to make changes in your world. Creating a change mindset for success means that you just make the decision. You will find it empowering and want to crack on with everything you can do to make a difference to your world.
Use a tried and tested format
This involves spending a little time to reflect and work out how you would like to describe yourself. This results in you relating to a future version of yourself, one that you want to be. So grab a pen, some paper and a coffee and start here:
- describe how you would like to see yourself by using empowering words. Take the time to describe your best self and how you would describe yourself, your best day, your best home. Go on, take time and really find the words to put down on paper what you really aspire to.
- take the time to describe you: what you like, what you dislike, your ideal weight (if that is an issue), your ideal exercise regime, your ideal diet and alcohol intake. All the detail matters!
- set your rules for life and these should cover how you spend your time alone and with friends or family. Within your business, identify the income generating tasks that you need to do on a daily basis to create positive change.
- what is your morning routine? Do you have one? If not, create a change mindset for success plan and work at it so that it becomes second nature.
- ensure that you have times for reflection to note accomplishments, a plan for the next few days (particularly important for a new week) and work out what it is that you need to learn too to help facilitate the growth of your business.
Every morning, read this plan for life and work through it. Take time to focus on every word as this helps build congruency.
Feeling energized. The cleanse that was doing has finished and clothes fit again. I’ve spent the week being more focussed, achieving more and fitting more into each day. The cleanse was an expert devised cleansing plan and it does actually do what it sets out to. Gone is the constant need for sugar and a healthier way of eating has been started.
My reinforced positive mindset has unsurprisingly, led to a very productive week. I’m planning next week to build on this week’s growth.
Felt proud of my children. Although they are away at school, we skyped during the week where they told me of plans for the future, recognition for working hard and school achievements. So immensely proud.
Found that by deciding to decide, so much more is achieved. It’s amazing what happens when you acton advice.
Book of the week: Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain – a pioneering book teaching techniques on how to visualise what you want. Important because the mind is unable to differentiate between reality and fiction. If you visualise what you want consistently, the mind will think it is real so your actions will lead you towards this “reality”.
Song of the week: I can’t stop playing Nao: Bad Blood
Quote of the week: “if it’s to be, it’s up to me”.
Have a lovely weekend. If you want to find out more about anything in this post, or about how I can help you build a better future, please contact me.